There’s no doubt that Zerodha is India’s most dominating stockbroking platform. It is the biggest and most prominent broker till now which is offering discount brokerage benefits to invest in the equity, currency, commodity as well as in the primary market (IPO – Initial Public Offering) and direct mutual funds through the Zerodha Coin website/app.
Usually, Zerodha charges a Flat 0% brokerage for equity delivery trades and direct mutual funds. But when it comes to Intraday, Future and Options (F&O) trades, it imposes charges at a flat price of Rs 20 or 0.03% (whichever is lower) per trade.
With the Zerodha trading platform, the utmost brokerage you pay for any trade is Rs 20 for an order (no matter what size, amount or segment). Zerodha operates through its trading platform called a Kite, usable via both mobile applications or through the web browser.
However, Zerodha is not the only discount broker in the country, but it has revolutionized the broking business and trading understanding for new and millennial investors all over India.
The simple and effective user interface gives rise to Zerodha becoming one of the best stock brokers in India. They offer a terrific online trading platform, charge a low percentage of brokerage fees, and it is an extensively transparent stockbroker.
How to open a Zerodha account online?
- Visit the Zerodha website and get on to the Zerodha Demat account opening landing page.
- Enter the mobile number to begin signing up.
- You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on the entered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to verify the details.
- Enter your details such as your full name and email ID.
- Enter details of the PAN (Permanent Account Number) card and Date of Birth (DOB).
- Proceed further by paying the Zerodha Demat Account Opening Fees (Rs 200 for Equity and Additional Rs 100 for commodity).
- After completing the payment process, it will ask to connect Aadhaar details through Digilocker ( an app by the Government of India).
- On fulfilment of Aadhar verification a new screen will be displayed in which you are asked to enter your bank details.
- The next step involves the IPV verification (In-person Verification process ) over a webcam or phone. Mostly, the chrome browser works great on this.
- The next step is the compliance of the signature. You will be provided with two options either signing the page digitally with Aadhaar or you can also print the form and courier it to the Zerodha office address.
- Another step is the submission of documents. Scan all the necessary documents like Bank Account Proof, autograph, PAN card, income proof if applicable.
- E-Sign is the next process. Click on eSign Equity and move further to the next step. Enter the Security Code that you receive on the registered mobile number and click on the Submit button.
- Open the next window and enter your Aadhaar number. Mark tick on the checkbox and click on the button ‘Request OTP’. That’s it.
- You will get your USER ID in your email inbox very soon after they verify all the important documents.
- After that, you will be able to log in to the Kite app and start share trading on your devices.